A FORCE LIMITING SYSTEM ON A THREE-POINT-BELT SYSTEM DEPENDING ON CRASH VELOCITY
This force limiter produces a belt force so that at the maximum requested crash-velocity and each lower one the maximum possible relative forward displacement between passenger and vehicle will be nearly used. Thereby, the passenger loads by the belt will be reduced, as well as the decelerations effecting the passenger, at a lower than the maximum requested crash-velocities in accident statistics, injuries by the belt will be effectly reduced, mainly for people of fragile constitution. /SAE/
- Presented at the 3rd International Conference on Occupant Protection.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Adomeit, D
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Collisions; Constraints; Deceleration; Energy absorption; Impact tests; Manual safety belts; Testing; Velocity
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00080509
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE-740582, SAE P-53Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM