FRICTIONAL RESISTANCE TO A SHIP'S PASSAGE THROUGH CONVERGING ICE
The report describes a numerical method for calculating the frictional resistance encountered by a vessel navigating in a converging ice field.
- Prepared in cooperation with Bedford Institute, Dartmouth (Nova Scotia), Atlantic Oceanographic Laboratory. Originally published in Journal of the Arctic Institute of North America, V23 N4, p284, Dec 70.
Defence Research Establishment, OttawaOttawa, ONo, Canada
- Keys, J
- SMITH, S D
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Hulls; Ice; Icebreaking; Resistance (Mechanics); Shear stress; Skin resistance
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull shear stress; Ice resistance
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00024853
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DREO-TN-71-4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1972 12:00AM