1976 ACCIDENTS OF MOTOR CARRIERS OF PROPERTY
Statistical data are presented on all 1976 motor-carrier accidents involving interstate, foreign, or intrastate operations which resulted in a death of a human being, or bodily injury requiring medical treatment away from the scene, or total property damage aggregating $2000 or more (either actual or estimated costs). Tables and graphs are arranged according to the following scheme: statistical summary, geographic summary; who (carrier, personnel and trip involvement); what (vehicle and cargo information), where (location and roadway environment); when (coincidental environment); and how (the accident itself).
- Presented at the SAE Congress and Exposition, Detroit, 27 February-3 March 1978.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Crashes; Motor carriers; Statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00395877
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-025 490U
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1985 12:00AM