URBAN TRANSPORTATION FACTBOOK. PART 2.
The FACTBOOK is organized into Parts I and II to aid handling convenience. Part I contains Section I, a summary highlighting the most important transportation related phenomena occurring in major metropolitan areas today and Section II, a comparison primarily among the 33 largest SMSAs of selected city transportation and growth characteristics. Part II contains one section consisting of additional detailed transportation and growth statistics for the 33 largest SMSAs. Part II consists of detailed tables for each of the 33 SMSAs included in this edition of the FACTBOOK. The basic organization presents the statistics for each city in finer geographic detail, including statistics on a county-by-county basis and distingushing between central city and outside-central-city residents. Finally, source notes for the tables in each volume are given at the end of that volume. It should be noted that most of the statistics presented in the FACTBOOK were previously available in other published sources, but generally in publications prepared for different purposes. As a result, the key transportation-related variables were not previously presented in a convenient form for either inter-metropolitan comparisons or intra-metropolitan trend analyses. A major contribution of the FACTBOOK consists of assembling and displaying in one place the data collected by a variety of agencies for a variety of purposes.
Barton-Aschman Associates, IncorporatedEvanston, IL USA
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 203 p.
- TRT Terms: Demand; Demographics; Economics; Energy; Land use; Origin and destination; Population; Public transit; Statistics; Transportation; Transportation planning; Trip purpose; Urban areas; Urban transportation; Vehicle miles of travel
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Energy; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00080471
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1981 12:00AM