PRODUCT LIABILITY AND QUALITY SP-586
This publication contains papers to help those involved in engineering avoid unfavorable product liability awards. The authors interpret the new Uniform Product Liability Act. They provide guidelines for engineers to follow in documenting the safety considerations given to their designs. They provide guidelines to follow when answering questions under deposition. One author clearly explains the relationship of the engineer to his defense attorney and the plaintiff attorney. Responsible engineers will find these papers a must if they are to minimize the product liability costs for their company.
- Includes HS-038 264--HS-038 269. International Off-Highway and Powerplant Congress and Exposition Milwaukee, Wisconsin, September 10-13, 1984.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Publication Date: 1984-9
- Features: Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Attorneys; Defense; Documents; Engineers; Guidelines; Industrial engineering; Legal factors; Liability; Litigation; Production; Prosecution; Testimony
- Uncontrolled Terms: Documentation
- Old TRIS Terms: Uniform product liability act
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00395739
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SP-586, HS-038 263
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 30 1985 12:00AM