THE RATE OF OXIDATION OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS IN WATER WITHOUT ADDITION OF NITROGEN
It is known that bacteria which fix nitrogen develop in many carbon-containing compounds, including petroleum products. In waters not containing nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, oxidation of petroleum products does not occur. The aim of the work was to investigate the process of the biological purification of water from petroleum products on the surface, upon addition of all nutrients to the surface, and upon addition only of phosphorous and potassium. The petroleum product investigated was machine oil. (Author)
- Translation of Gigiena i Sanitariya (USSR) V17 N7, pp12-17, 1952, by B. Crossland.
Naval Scientific and Technical Information CentreOrpington, England
- Izyurova, A I
- Publication Date: 1971-7
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Biodeterioration; Oil spills; Oxidation
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00024851
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSTIC-Trans-2474
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1973 12:00AM