A REVIEW OF THE USE OF ZINCROMETAL IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY (STEEL)
ZINCROMETAL (Wyandotte Paint Products Company) a precoated steel prepared on coil coating lines, is corrosion resistant, weldable and formable, and is available as a one-side coated material. It is used for fenders, door panels, quarter panels, hoods, and deck lids. In 1977, over 13 million pounds of zinc dust were used; production on coil coating lines accounted for over 40% of that industry's output of coated steel; and the wholesale value of the ZINCROMETAL sold to the automotive industry was nearly one half billion dollars.
- Presented at the SAE Congress and Exposition, Detroit, 27 February-3 March 1978.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Kennedy, A W
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile industry; Corrosion resistance; Metal coatings; Steel; Vehicle components; Zinc
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00395630
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780190, HS-025 337U
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 30 1985 12:00AM