GAS-OIL/WATER EMULSION FUEL FOR AUTOMOTIVE DIESEL ENGINES
In this paper the work performed within the contract EE-C-201-I is reported. The results achieved in the tests of high speed diesel engines with water in oil emulsion feeding system are summarized. First, carried out trials on test bench are described; then operation in light duty truck on the road and on roller test bench is reported and trials with constant speed diesel engine are related. Finally, the work about emulsion characterization is synthetized. The conclusion shows as the water in oil emulsion is a feeding system suitable for high speed diesel engine operation because BSFC, grade of smoke, exhaust temperature and emission are lowered without considerable troubles.
Commission of the European CommunitiesDirectorate-General for Information, Market and Innovation
- Publication Date: 1984
- Pagination: 178 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Emulsions; Exhaust gases; Field tests; Light trucks; Oils; Vehicle power plants; Water
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00395612
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: EUR-9074-EN/IT
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1985 12:00AM