ULTRASONIC RAILROAD AXLE INSPECTION
This report describes the basic principles involved in the generation of ultrasonic waves and their general behavior in railway axles. Other topics discussed include the operation of typical flaw detection instruments and methods useful in identifying true and false defect echoes.
- Prepared by Oklahoma Univ., Norman. School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering.
Transportation Safety Institute6500 South MacArthur Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK United States 73125
University of Oklahoma, NormanSchool of Aerospace, Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering
Norman, OK United States 73069
- Bray, D E
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Inspection; Maintenance equipment; Nondestructive tests; Ultrasonic tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle defects
- Subject Areas: Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00080427
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TSI-R-74-100 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 11 1976 12:00AM