AERODYNAMIC NEAR FIELD OF A SUBWAY TRAIN IN SMOOTH AND ROUGH TUNNELS
The report has been prepared under Transit Development Corporation project, 'Ventilation and Environmental Control in Subway Rapid Transit Systems,' and is one of many such reports leading to the final product--a subway environmental design handbook. A theoretical model for the near field aerodynamics of a subway train in smooth and ribbed tunnels has been developed. The theoretical results have been compared with experimental data measured in a number of different facilities over a wide range of experimental conditions.
Transit Development Corporation, Incorporated1730 M Street, NW, Suite 911
Washington, DC USA 20036
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Harris, G L
- Publication Date: 1973-1
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Air resistance; Drag; Environmental engineering; Environmental quality; Mathematical models; Pneumatic conveyors; Railroad trains; Rapid transit; Resistance (Mechanics); Subways; Theory; Tunnels; Ventilation systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Train resistance; Transit development corporation; Tube vehicles; Tunnel environment
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00080425
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-290
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 11 1981 12:00AM