ANTICIPATED ECONOMIC EFFECTS OF THE SURFACE TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANCE ACT OF 1982
In this transcript of hearings before the subcommittee on transportation of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, testimony is given addressing the following issues: the impact of the tax structure implemented by Surface Transportation Assistance Act (STAA) on the trading industry; productivity gains experiences by the truck size and weight provisions in the STAA; legislative proposals which would alter the tax structure in the STAA; the effect of increased truck sizes and weights on the condition of roads and bridges and to what extent reasonable access should be permitted; and the Department of Transportation's preliminary report on alternative tax structures.
- Hearings Before the Subcommittee on Transportation Held in Boise and Coeur D'Alene, Idaho, August 22-23, 1983.
United States CongressSenate Committee on Environment and Public Works
Washington, DC United States 20510
- Publication Date: 1983
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 329 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle load force; Bridges; Economic impacts; Laws; Size; Size and weight regulations; Taxation; Trucking; Trucks; Weight
- Old TRIS Terms: Truck effects (Bridges); Truck pavement damage
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Bridges and other structures; Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Law; Motor Carriers; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00395440
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 30 1985 12:00AM