SOFTWARE SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. INTRODUCTION TO URBAN TRAVEL DEMAND FORECASTING. VOLUME I. DEMAND MODELLING
The Urban Mass Transportation Administration Transportation Planning System provides a wide range of analytical and computerized tools for making travel forecasts for existing and proposed transportation systems. The manual provides an introduction to travel forecasting to enable transportation planners and analysts to utilize UTPS effectively. It provides a comprehensive overview of the methodology of travel forecasting, the analytical tools available and their appropriateness for typical problems the transportation planner faces, input requirements, outputs needed for proper evaluation, and appropriate levels of effort for various stages of analysis. The manual is divided into three parts: The Summary; Volume I - Demand Modelling; and Volume II - Evaluation.
- Paper copy also available in set of 3 reports as PB-236 846-SET, PC$15.00.
Peat, Marwick, Mitchell and Company1025 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
Cambridge Systematics, Incorporated100 Cambridge Park Drive, Suite 400
Cambridge, MA United States 02140
- Publication Date: 1974-3-31
- Pagination: 313 p.
- TRT Terms: Mathematical models; Passengers; Simulation; Travel demand; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00080421
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: URD.PMM.74.1.1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-20020
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 11 1981 12:00AM