WHI CRITIQUE: LONGER COMBINATION VEHICLES OPERATIONAL TEST. CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (MARCH, 1984)
This document is a critique by the Western Highway Institute of the report on longer combination vehicles (LCVs) operational test conducted by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) for the Federal Highway Administration's national intercity truck route network study. Background deficiencies and salient details of the Caltrans test are documented. This critique found the Caltrans report not uniformly unfavorable, but uniformly oblivious to the real world of LCV operations. It was concluded that, as a submission to the federal study of LCVs, it adds little to current knowledge.
Western Highway Institute1200 Bayhill Drive
San Bruno, CA United States 94066
- Publication Date: 1984-7
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Operations; Reports; Reviews; Tractor trailer combinations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Longer combination vehicles; Operational analysis
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00395345
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-037 931
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 30 1985 12:00AM