RESEARCH ON A GENERATOR FOR THE ELECTRIC POWER SUPPLY ON GEV-1 RAILROAD CARS
Results are given of experimental research on a GEV-1 generator for the electric power supply for railroad cars. A silicon three-phase bridge rectifier unit (VK2-200) is used for rectifying the alternating current. The power produced by the generator on the direct current side is 15.8 kilowatts with a rotation speed of 900 - 3000 rpm. The characteristics of the machine, efficiency factor of the sinusoidal stress curve when idling, and the load with the rectifier and without it are given. Magnetic measurement was done on some parts of the machine's magnetic circuit and the leakage coefficient was determined.
- Trans. of Beskontaktnye Elektricheskie Mashiny (USSR) v11 p291-304 1972.
Army Foreign Science and Technology Center220 7th Street, NE
Charlottesville, VA USA 22901
- Daugulis, K L
- Kurkalov II
- Publication Date: 1974-5-15
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Converters (Electricity); Electric power supply; Generators; Heating, cooling and ventilation equipment; Rectifiers; Technology; Vehicle power plants
- Geographic Terms: Russia (Federation)
- Old TRIS Terms: Converters
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00080415
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FSTC-HT-23-0421-74
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1975 12:00AM