GAS-TURBINE ENGINES OF HIGH-SPEED SHIPS
The report is devoted to the questions involved in the theory and designing of gas-turbine engines and installations for hovercraft and hydrofoil ships. Considerable attention is diverted to the questions of the engine and propelling agent's interaction under the specific conditions of a ship using hydrofoils or an air cushion, as well as to the questions of using gas-turbine engines (GTE) on the air-cushion and hydrofoil type of ships, etc. The book is oriented toward engineers, designers and specialists on the hydrofoil and hovercraft power units.
- Translation of monograph Gazoturbinnye Ustanovki Bystrokhodnykh Sudov, Leningrad, 1969, 323p, by Lloyd G. Robbins.
Naval Ship Systems CommandWashington, DC United States
- Kurzon, A G
- Mezheritskii, A D
- Mityushkin, Y I
- Tikhoplav, V Y
- Topunov, A M
- Publication Date: 1969
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 331 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; Gas turbines; Hydrofoil boats; Propulsion
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrofoil craft
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00024848
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NAVSHIPS-Trans-1244
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1973 12:00AM