GROUSER EFFECT STUDIES
After having finished the nonlinear finite element analysis of the sands under the tracked vehicle by a nonlinear finite element analysis program called NFAP. A modified Duncan model based on soil triaxial testing was suggested. The results of the experiment and the values predicted are well co-incidence. The studies show that the grouser has important effect for the thrust on sands. (Author)
- This article is from Proceedings of the International Conference on the Performance off Off-Road Vehicles and Machines (8th). Volume 1. Held at Cambridge, England on August 5-11, 1984, AD-A148 635, p399-410.
International Society for Terrain-Vehicle SystemsListon, RA, President, c/o CRREL, 72 Lyme Road
Hanover, NH United States 03755
- Zhang, K J
- Publication Date: 1984-8
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Finite element method; Mathematical models; Nonlinear systems; Sand; Tracked vehicles; Triaxial shear tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Nonlinearity
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00394888
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1986 12:00AM