COLLISIONS WITH TREES
The relationship between the severity of collisions with trees and the distance of the trees from the road is studied by means of log linear models and with the computer program "Weighted Poisson Models". The results of the analyses are rather surprising. The severity of collisions with trees do not decrease with increasing distance from the trees to the road. More research relating to road and traffic characteristics is needed for the width of obstacle free zones.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- Schoon, C C
- BOS, JMJ
- Publication Date: 1983
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: All terrain vehicles; Crash analysis; Crash injury research; Crash severity; Crashes; Distance; Research; Traffic crashes; Trees
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; I82: Accidents and Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00394845
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-83-23
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1985 12:00AM