TRANSPORTATION NEEDS AND PROGRAMS SUMMARY: FIFTH EDITION
This 295-page report summarizes urban transportation problem areas amenable to research and development or technical solutions as seen by a network of 28 cities and 9 urban counties with populations over 500,000. Priorities for needs areas were established by criteria of commonality, magnitude, community impact, and financial impact. As in previous reports in this series, needs are grouped into several major categories, including streets and highways, the transportation network, mass transit, aviation, and waterborne transportation. Each needs statement includes a description of a problem, considerations to incorporate into its solution, lists of local, state, and federal programs dealing with the problem, as well as occasional non-governmental contacts or key references. The document is essentially a resource directory for other jurisdictions faced with similar problems and needing contacts or information. The report should be especially useful to staffs of municipal officials in medium to large size jurisdictions.
Office of the Secretary of TransportationTechnology Sharing Program, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1982-6
- Pagination: 295 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Central business districts; Data collection; Development; Fares; Ferries; Financing; Highway design; Highway maintenance; Metropolitan areas; Operations; Paratransit services; Parking; Planning; Public transit; Research; Transportation system management; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00394556
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-I-85-08
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 31 2003 12:00AM