TRICOPT-RET 5: EXPERIMENT WITH THE PASSING-DISC
TRICOPT-RET 5: EXPERIMENT MET DE PASSEERSCHIJF
Tram traffic is, together with bus traffic, the backbone of urban public transport. In particular if it has the regularity of the clock. But often tram traffic is disturbed by all kinds of incidental causes which influence the traffic flow. The public wants quality, speed, comfort and regularity. One way of achieving the improvement of the regular performance by public transport is by use of a passing-disc. It appeared that the proportional irregularity could be reduced by more than 50%. The experiment with the passing-disc is described and the results are presented.
- See also PB85-133411.
Delft University of TechnologyFaculty of Civil Engineering, Stevin Laboratory, P.O. Box 5048
2600 GA Delft, Netherlands
- Publication Date: 1980-4
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Dispatching; Light rail transit; Quality of service; Streetcars; Technology; Traffic control; Traffic delays
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00394513
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1985 12:00AM