UTPS-MICROCOMPUTER DATA TRANSFER TECHNICAL BRIEF
The Urban Mass Transportation Administration (UMTA) and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) of the U.S. Department of Transportation provide training and technical assistance in the new and rapidly changing area of transportation application of microcomputers. These two agencies maintain up-to-date microcomputer references for transit and paratransit operators, transportation planners, and traffic engineers. This document is one in a series of technical briefs covering very specific aspects of microcomputer applications. These reports are not highly polished and are believed to be of interest to a fairly narrow, technical audience. This report gives some examples of how UTPS data can be processed on the microcomputer. It shows how some data processing tasks that are particularly onerous on the mainframe can be relegated to the micro. To accomplish this work means to transmit common data back and forth between the two machines. This report offers specific guidance on preparing UTPS data for transmission, performing the transmission with some popular machines and software, and post-processing on the microcomputer.
Comsis Corporation11501 Georgia Avenue
Wheaton, MD United States 20902
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1983-9
- Pagination: 94 p.
- TRT Terms: Data analysis; Information processing; Mathematical analysis; Microcomputers; Paratransit services; Traffic engineering; Transit operating agencies; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00394476
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-URT-41-83-10 Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: URT-41
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1985 12:00AM