VIA 1983 BUS PASSENGER SURVEY
To provide a basis for long and short range planning services, VIA Metropolitan Transit of San Antonio, Texas, sponsored a study to collect ridership data for its bus transit system. The survey, conducted in late February and March 1983, was designed to collect data on passenger counts, origins and destinations, trip characteristics, and person characteristics. Data were coded and tabulated and analyzed by the VIA staff. This document is the final report of the project survey. The report begins with a discussion of the background, goals, and objectives of the survey effort. Major findings of the project are described and discussed. The final section of this report, the study design and conduct (technical approach), describes in detail all major aspects of the project and includes: sample design; sample selection; questionnaire design; data collection including organization, training, assignment preparation and distribution, fieldwork procedures, and quality control; data coding and conversion; data processing including editing procedures, and sample expansion; and verification of results including statistical methodology, and expected accuracy of results.
Sterling Systems, Incorporated1749 Old Meadow Road
McLean, VA United States 22101
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1983-12
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus routes; Data collection; Information processing; Origin and destination; Passenger counting; Questionnaires; Ridership; Surveys
- Geographic Terms: San Antonio (Texas)
- Old TRIS Terms: Umta section 8
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I71: Traffic Theory;
- Accession Number: 00394467
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-TX-09-0185-84-1Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1985 12:00AM