REPORT ON ACCIDENT REVIEW. PHASE 01 REPORT
This report summarizes the activities under Phase 01 of the RPI-AAR Railroad Tank Car Safety Research and Test Project. Phase 01 was concerned with the collection and cataloging of tank cars in an accident environment. This report summarizes the procedures used to gather and catalogue the data, the sources from which data was collected, and the organization of the data in the Project files. Much of the data was coded and transferred to a magnetic tape for computer retrieval. The data codes, format of the data tape, copies of the computer programs used to maintain the tape and retrieve information, and examples of the summary information obtained from computer analysis of the data are also included in this report.
- An RPI-AAR cooperative program.
Association of American Railroads Research Center3140 South Federal Street
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Weston, R A
- Publication Date: 1972-6
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Derailments; Explosions; Fires; Hazardous materials; Information storage and retrieval systems; Surveys
- Old TRIS Terms: Tank car safety research and test project
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00080340
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads Research Center
- Report/Paper Numbers: RA-01-4-16 (R-139) Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1976 12:00AM