REPORT ON DOLLAR LOSS DUE TO EXPOSURE OF LOADED TANK CARS TO FIRE, 1965-1970. PHASE 02 REPORT
The purpose of this study is to estimate the maximum probable savings that might be realized by preventing fire damage to loaded tank cars in accidents. This information will be used in the economic evaluation of the thermal shield systems being sought under Phase II.
- An RPI-AAR Cooperative Project.
Chicago, IL USA 60616
- Weston, R A
- Publication Date: 1972-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost effectiveness; Derailments; Economic analysis; Fire retardants; Fires; Hazardous materials; Tank cars
- Old TRIS Terms: Tank car safety research and test project; Thermal shields
- Subject Areas: Economics; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00080296
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-133
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 29 1976 12:00AM