DIAGNOSIS AND ASSESSMENT OF ALCOHOL ABUSE AND ALCOHOLISM. A REPORT TO THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE ON ALCOHOL ABUSE AND ALCOHOLISM
This paper was prepared as an abbreviated response to the need for a comprehensive review of diagnostic and assessment techniques that are specific for alcoholism. The questions which this text addresses include (1) What alcoholism-specific instruments exist? (2) From what sources are they available and at what cost? (3) How much time, and what levels of training and/or experience, are required for appropriate administration, scoring, and interpretation of these instruments? (4) What is known about their validity and reliability? (5) What are the practical clinical applications of these instruments for treatment planning? (6) Which instruments are particularly appropriate or inappropriate to specific populations of interest to the Division of Special Treatment and Rehabilitation Programs? (7) What notable gaps exist and how may they be filled?
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism5635 Fishers Lane
Bethesda, MD United States 20892-9304
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcohol abuse; Alcoholism; Biographies; Diagnosis; Diagnostic tests; Driver rehabilitation; Training
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rehabilitation; Treatment programs
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00394229
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: ADM 76-228 Reprint, HS-037 897
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1985 12:00AM