REPORT ON TANK CAR ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION GUIDE. PHASE 12 REPORT
The purpose of this guide is to provide assistance to an investigator examining a tank car involved in a railroad accident and which ruptured or was punctured. The guide is intended to provide background information for the identification of fracture mode, the determination of the fracture origin and fracture pattern, and suggestions for the selection of samples for laboratory examination.
- An RPI-AAR Cooperative Program.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Reedy, C E
- Publication Date: 1971-5
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash investigation; Derailments; Failure; Fracture mechanics; Hazardous materials; Safety; Tank cars
- Old TRIS Terms: Tank car safety research and test project
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00080292
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-129
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 29 1976 12:00AM