SUMMARY OF HEAT-TREATED AND ALLOY RAIL SERVICE TEST INSTALLATIONS ON CURVES WITH SHELLY HISTORIES--1972
The AAR, in its program of Rail Research, has a project of field inspection and analysis of those rails that continue in service which show some potential for improvement in performance. The field inspections are carried out as a cooperative effort of the American Railway Engineering Association (AREA) Rail Committee, the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI), and the AAR Research and Test Department. This report is a summary of results of the August and September 1972 inspections of seven field test installations of High-Silicon, Curvemaster, Fully Heat-Treated and Columbium Treated Rails.
- An RPI-AAR Cooperative Project.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Schoeneberg, K W
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Alloy steel; Curved rail; Defects; Heat treated rail; Metallurgy; Rail (Railroads); Rail steel; Railhead; Shelling (Metals)
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail shelling; Rail steel metallurgy; Shelling (Rails)
- Subject Areas: Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00080284
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-121 Res. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 29 1976 12:00AM