AN ADVANCED AIR TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT CONCEPT BASED ON EXTENSIONS OF THE UPGRADED THIRD GENERATION ATC SYSTEM. SYSTEM B: ATC AUTOMATION ANALYSIS
The AATMS study was initiated in an effort to evaluate various concepts of fourth generation air traffic control in the 1995 era. This report discusses the ATC automation requirements of the control center configurations of an upgraded third generation ATC system. Computer sizing estimates are presented for all the control centers in the System B 1995 configuration. Cost estimates, in current dollars, for the computer systems, based on existing technology, are also presented.
- See also Series 6, AD-785 334 and Series 8, AD-785 313.
Mitre CorporationWestgate Research Park
McLean, VA United States 22101
Washington, DC United States 20591
- Sinha, A N
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Advanced automation system (Air traffic control); Air traffic control; Automation; Computers; Costs; Estimates
- Old TRIS Terms: Third generation systems
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00080274
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTR-6419-Ser-7
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA70WA-2448
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 29 1975 12:00AM