ENERGY SAVING TRAFFIC OPERATIONS PROJECT GUIDE: ESTIMATING TRAFFIC OPERATIONS BENEFITS. FINAL REPORT
This report describes simplified procedures for estimating changes in fuel consumption, travel time and CO emissions expected to result from common traffic operational improvements. Included are charts and graphs that can be used to estimate such changes for 10 basic traffic improvement plans which are frequently proposed by traffic and transportation engineers. The 10 improvement plans include adding left-turn lanes, various traffic signal modifications, and improving rough railroad at-grade crossings. The report itself is designed for use by practicing transportation engineers, although the results of their analyses should be useful at the policy level.
Barton-Aschman Associates, Incorporated820 Davis Street
Evanston, IL United States 60204
Springfield, IL United States 62706
- Publication Date: 1981-5
- Pagination: 76 p.
- TRT Terms: Carbon monoxide; Exhaust gases; Fuel consumption; Left turn lanes; Railroad grade crossings; Savings; Traffic control; Traffic lanes; Traffic signals; Travel time
- Old TRIS Terms: Left lane; Traffic control systems
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00393992
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-I-81-34
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 2003 12:00AM