SPOILERS FOR TRUCKS
Fuel economy of trucks as a function of spoiler shape and size was investigated on models 1:30 in a wind tunnel and full-scale on a test road. A moderate investment in spoilers resulted in significant fuel economy, especially for high-shaped trucks, and high velocities. There is presented a diagram of saving depending on driving velocity and height of the spoiler.
Jutland Technological InstituteMarselis Boulevard 135
8000 Aarhus, Denmark
- Publication Date: 1984-2
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuel consumption; Motor vehicles; Shape; Speed; Traffic speed; Trucks; Vehicle components; Vehicle design
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Highways; Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00393991
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: NP-5750114
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1985 12:00AM