DEVELOPMENT OF EDGE LIGHTS FOR AIRPORT RUNWAYS AND TAXIWAYS
A design and development program was conducted to produce lower cost elevated edge lights with improved performance for use as visual aids on airport runways and taxiways. High intensity semi-flush runway edge light assemblies with light output in the main beams equal to the high intensity elevated edge light output were also produced. The light assemblies will withstand temperature extremes from -55C to +55C, jet blasts up to and including 350 mph, high humidity as well as other severe environmental conditions. (Author)
Connecticut International CorporationWindsor Locks, CT USA
- Poulsen, S N
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 77 p.
- Accession Number: 00080264
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 7309 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA72WA-2726
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 29 1975 12:00AM