MASS TRANSIT TRAINING NEEDS. VOLUME V. RAILCAR REPAIRMAN TRAINING NEEDS
The report is the fifth of a five-volume series summarizing the findings, conclusions, and recommendations of a study of urban mass transit training needs. This volume is devoted to the railcar repairman. About half of the training is generalized enough to allow a standardized training course to be developed. An outline of such a course, and sources of training material which would be included are presented. One conclusion is that because of the financial difficulties of the mass transit industry, it is recommended that implementation be delayed until funds become available to cover the costs of training.
- Paper copy also available in set of 5 reports as PB-235 999-SET, PC$17.00.
Mitre CorporationWestgate Research Park
McLean, VA United States 22101
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Wood, P
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Equipment maintenance; Maintenance personnel; Personnel development; Rapid transit; Service stations; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger car servicing facilities
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Maintenance and Preservation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00080217
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTR-6681-Vol-5 Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-10005
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 29 1982 12:00AM