MASS TRANSIT TRAINING NEEDS. VOLUME I. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The report is the first of a five-volume series summarizing the findings, conclusions, and recommendations of a study of urban mass transit training needs. This study includes a detailed analysis of the training requirements; a discussion of the availability of training programs to meet the needs of the industry; an outline of supplementary material needed to bring training programs up to an acceptable standard; and proposals for programs to upgrade the standard of training as it currently exists. Specifically, this volume summarizes the results of an inquiry into industry needs for standardized programs regarding training of (1) bus operators, (2) bus operator instructors, (3) bus mechanics, (4) bus mechanic instructors, and (5) rapid transit rail car repairmen. Following a description of programs currently in use at transit properties, the general contents of the respective standardized programs are outlined, the role of the Federal government in funding is examined, alternative methods of delivering programs are discussed, and costs of development and demonstration are estimated.
- Paper copy also available in set of 5 reports as PB-235 999-SET, PC$17.00.
Mitre CorporationWestgate Research Park
McLean, VA USA 22101
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Thrasher, E J
- Wood, P
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost effectiveness; Personnel development; Rapid transit; Training programs
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00080215
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTR-6681-Vol-1 Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-10005
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 29 1982 12:00AM