AUTOMATION APPLICATIONS IN AN ADVANCED AIR TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. VOLUME IVB: AUTOMATION REQUIREMENTS (CONCLUDED)
Volume 4 describes the automation requirements. A presentation of automation requirements is made for an advanced air traffic management system in terms of controller work for-e, computer resources, controller productivity, system manning, failure effects, and control/display requirements. It also includes a discussion of the application of the study results to the design and development of AATMS. Volume 4A includes Sections 1.0 through 4.3; Volume 4B includes Sections 5.0 through Appendix C and References. (Modified author abstract)
- Paper copy also available in set of 10 reports as PB-236 800-SET, PC$59.00.
TRW Systems GroupWestgate Research Park
McLean, VA USA 22101
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
- Mertes, F
- Jenney, L
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Pagination: 220 p.
- TRT Terms: Advanced automation system (Air traffic control); Air traffic control; Automation; Computers; Control; Information display systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Displays
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00080190
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-512
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 29 1975 12:00AM