AUTOMATION APPLICATIONS IN AN ADVANCED AIR TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. VOLUME III: METHODOLOGY FOR MAN-MACHINE TASK ALLOCATION
Volume 3 describes the methodology for man-machine task allocation. It contains a description of man and machine performance capabilities and an explanation of the methodology employed to allocate tasks to human or automated resources. It also presents recommended allocations of tasks at five incremental levels of automation. (Modified author abstract)
- Paper copy also available in set of 10 reports as PB-236 800-SET, PC$59.00.
TRW Systems GroupWestgate Research Park
McLean, VA USA 22101
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
- Mertes, F
- Jenny, L
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Pagination: 230 p.
- TRT Terms: Advanced automation system (Air traffic control); Air traffic control; Automation; Human factors; Methodology; Performance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Tasks
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00080188
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-512
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 29 1975 12:00AM