AUTOMATION APPLICATIONS IN AN ADVANCED AIR TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. VOLUME IID: FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF AIR TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT (CONCLUDED)
The technical report presents a detailed description of the strategic control functional objectives, followed by a presentation of the basic strategic control algorithm and how it evolved. Contained in this discussion are the results of analyses that constrain the design and operation of the strategic control algorithm and a description of the model developed to simulate strategic terminal area operation in order to develop and evaluate the algorithm. The data processing sizing requirements and the application of the strategic control algorithm in terms of time periods and airspace to be served are presented with an overall summary of the benefits of the system. Finally, a proposed research, development, test, and evaluation plan is detailed for developing the strategic control system capabilities for implementation as the primary air traffic management technique for high-density air routes and terminal areas. (Modified author abstract)
- Paper copy also available in set of 10 reports as PB-236 800-SET, PC$59.00.
TRW Systems GroupWestgate Research Park
McLean, VA USA 22101
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
- Mertes, F
- Jenney, L
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Pagination: 222 p.
- TRT Terms: Advanced automation system (Air traffic control); Air traffic control; Algorithms; Automation; Benefits; Density; Freight terminals; Implementation; Intermodal terminals; Routes; Strategic planning
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Research; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00080187
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-512
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 29 1975 12:00AM