AN INVESTIGATION OF ALTERNATIVE METHODS OF QUANTIFYING RUNNING-IN OF SURFACES
The paper is concerned with practical ways of quantifying the effects of running-in of surfaces on the basis of surface profile measurements. The technique of contact simulation is described with which surface features of significance in contact situations are revealed directly.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- International Congress and Exposition, Detroit, Michigan, February 27-March 2, 1984.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Bishop, I F
- Snidle, R W
- Publication Date: 1984
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Camshafts; Gear teeth; Quantitative analysis; Surfaces; Wear
- Uncontrolled Terms: Contact area; Quantifying
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00393030
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 840100, HS-037 654
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 28 1985 12:00AM