LATERAL STABILITY OF RIDER/CYCLE SYSTEMS
Pedal powered vehicles have been and are being built in many sizes and shapes. Due to the wide variety of possible configurations, the potential for lateral stability problems exists. This paper develops a basic analytical result for the lateral stability of rider/cycle systems. This result is algebraic in nature and can be evaluated quickly and easily. Several examples are given demonstrating the potential problems associated with changes in the rider/cycle parameters.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- International Congress and Exposition, Detroit, Michigan, February 27-March 2, 1984.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Johnson, C W
- Huston, J C
- Publication Date: 1984
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Equations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lateral stability
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00393002
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 840025, HS-037 626
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 28 1985 12:00AM