UNICYCLE DYNAMICS AND STABILITY
Governing equations of motion for a unicycle with a rider are presented. The system is assumed to be moving on a flat horizontal surface. Two specific cases are investigated: straight-line rolling and stationary positioning. Criteria for stability are explored. It is shown that stability can be obtained through active pedal monitoring by the rider.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- International Congress and Exposition, Detroit, Michigan, February 27-March 2, 1984.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Huston, R L
- Publication Date: 1984
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Stability (Mechanics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Unicycles
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00392999
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 840022, HS-037 623
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 28 1985 12:00AM