INVESTIGATION OF RAILS MADE FROM CONTINUOUSLY CAST BLOOMS BY ALGOMA STEEL CORPORATION
This evaluation of rails made from continuously cast blooms by the Algoma Steel Corporation and submitted to the AAR Research Department by the Algoma Central Railway, resulted in the conclusion that physical properties of rail rolled from continuously cast blooms compared with rail rolled from ingots shows that the rails rolled from continuously cast blooms have a slightly higher ultimate tensile strength, yield strength, reduction of area and elongation.
- Sponsored by Algoma Central Railway.
Chicago, IL USA 60616
- Publication Date: 1970-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Metallurgy; Rail (Railroads); Rail steel; Shelling (Metals); Steel
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail shelling; Rail steel metallurgy
- Subject Areas: Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00080124
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-104
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 29 1976 12:00AM