SIXTH PROGRESS REPORT OF COOPERATIVE RESEARCH ON WOOD TIES BY THE RAILWAY TIE ASSOCIATION AND THE ASSOCIATION OF AMERICAN RAILROADS RESEARCH AND TEST DEPARTMENT
The Railway Tie Association and the Association of American Railroads entered into a cooperative agreement on March 18, 1965 for the AAR Research Center to "conduct an investigation, both analytical and in the laboratory, for the purpose of ascertaining criteria for the most effective system for supporting rail of various sections on wood railway ties, taking into acount tie spacing, length, and size of cross section." This report presents the progress in the study of the effects of tie size and spacing on the development of an effective supporting rail system.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Publication Date: 1971-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Rail (Railroads); Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Stability (Mechanics); Track components; Wood ties
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track stability
- Old TRIS Terms: Wooden cross ties
- Subject Areas: Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00080120
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-111
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1976 12:00AM