METALLOGRAPHIC EXAMINATION OF SPECIMENS REMOVED FROM SECTIONS OF TANK CARS IN CRESCENT CITY DERAILMENT
Phase 03 report on Metallographic Examination of Specimens Removed from Sections of Tank Cars in Crescent City Derailment. Samples were removed for the purpose of later examination by fracture mechanics experts. In preparation for these later examinations and to insure against the possibility of an untimely later discovery of some important material shortcomings, a brief metallurgical examination was made of these specimens. The results are presented in this report.
- An RPI-AAR Cooperative Project.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Reedy, C R
- Olson, L L
- Weston, R A
- Publication Date: 1970-10-15
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Derailments; Fires; Hazardous materials; Hazards; Metallography; Metallurgy; Safety; Tank cars
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fire hazards; Observations
- Old TRIS Terms: Tank car safety research and test project
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00080116
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-125
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1976 12:00AM