PERSONAL RAPID TRANSIT (PRT) SYSTEM FOR LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
Las Vegas, Nevada is one of the ideal urban environments for a Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) System. The city operates on a "round the clock" basis and highway traffic congestion is becoming severe with the growth of tourism. The principal industry is tourism and a fare structure can be imposed which will made a PRT system self-supporting. A PRT system is described which meets the anticipated Las Vegas requirements of 24h/day operation, vehicle and service being designed to compete favorably with the automobile. The PRT system elements described include vehicle, guideway, control features, stations, and maintenance facility. The results of a maintenance plan analysis and financial considerations are also discussed.
- This paper was prepared for a meeting 12-16 August 1974.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Hoit, W J
- Corey, R W
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Intelligent transportation systems; Personal rapid transit; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00080045
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: N 740625 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1982 12:00AM