ROLE OF PERSONAL RAPID TRANSIT IN MASS TRANSIT
With the nation looking more and more to mass transit to solve its urban transportation problems, the innovative Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) systems with their "second car" characteristics can be expected to complement bus and rail services, especially in medium-density population areas. After summarizing the role each of these three forms of public transit plays and is projected to play by 1990, the paper describes current specialized PRT applications in the United States and abroad.
- This paper was prepared for a meeting 12-16 August 1974.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Lancaster, T A
- Hearn, D L
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Forecasting; Intelligent transportation systems; Mode choice; Personal rapid transit; Public transit; Rapid transit; Transportation; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00080044
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: N 740623 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1982 12:00AM