CAPICS FOR SHIPS
CAPICS - Computer Aided Processing of Industrial Cabling Systems is a suite of computer programs which the electrical design engineer can now use to assist in the design and installation of a cabling system. CAPICS processes data from layout drawings and equipment data, carrying out routing, sizing and accommodation of power, instrumentation and control cables for any method of installation. Schedules for use in the design office and on site are automatically generated by the system and can also include bills of quantities, planning and cost control data. CAPICS is suitable for a wide variety of medium to large scale contracts. It is already being used for applications which include nuclear and conventional power stations, on oil offshore production platform, a water pumping station, chemical and process plants and shipbuilding. These computer programs have already been used by Cammell Laird Shipbuilders at Birkenhead on a 20,000 Dwt products tanker for Esso Petroleum Limited. This vessel is of the same class as the "Esso Mersey" and "Esso Clyde" completed by Cammell Laird in June and October 1972.
- Record URL:
Electrical Research AssociationCleeve Road
Leatherhead, Surrey, England
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Electric cables; Electric power; Electrical wiring; System design
- Old TRIS Terms: Electric power system design; Electrical cable sizing
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00080037
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Electrical Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1975 12:00AM