LOW PAYING VERSUS HIGH PAYING CARGO IN THE LINER TRADE
The liner trade has its own rules and regulations for setting freight rates. High paying and low paying cargoes are carried by the same ship on the same voyage. This study deals with the optimum combination of high and low paying cargoes for different conditions. Some examples are used to form more general rules for deciding whether to accept shipments of low paying cargo.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborDepartment of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
- Erichsen, S
- Publication Date: 1972-1
- Pagination: 25 p.
- Issue Number: 126
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Freight traffic; Freight transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo management; Traffic analysis (Freight)
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00080034
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1975 12:00AM