AIRCRAFT NOISE IMPACT. PLANNING GUIDELINES FOR LOCAL AGENCIES
This manual interprets the information developed in the Metropolitan Aircraft Noise Abatement Policy Studies reports and other case studies of aircraft noise abatement and presents it in a form that provides a practical tool for the local planner, local government and others in developing a comprehensive aircraft noise abatement policy and program. The manual contains a discussion of the entire process of developing a noise abatement program including (1) defining the existing noise situation, (2) determining where this noise situation may conflict with existing or proposed development, (3) developing a program for reducing conflicts, (4) evaluating impact of the program on the community, (5) implementing the program through legislation and action programs. Technical appendices include aircraft EPNL contours, method of finding Noise Exposure Forecast (NEF) level for a given location, analysis of sound insulation, and annotated bibliography.
Wilsey and Ham1631 Huntington Drive
South Pasadena, CA United States 91030
Bolt, Beranek and Newman, Incorporated21120 Vanowen Street
Canoga Park, CA United States 91303
- Beland, R D
- Mann, P P
- Publication Date: 1972-11
- Pagination: 275 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft noise; Airport noise; Bibliographies; Environmental impact analysis; Environmental impacts; Impact studies; Implementation; Legislation; Local government; Noise control; Regional planning; Sound level
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Law; Research; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00075396
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: FLIGHT TRANSPORTATION LABORATORY, MIT DEPT. OF AERONAUTICS AND ASTRONAUTICS
- Report/Paper Numbers: WH-979-1 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM