CARBON MONOXIDE: TOO OFTEN A KILLER

Recently, two individuals became snowbound in their vehicle and died of carbon monoxide poisoning after leaving the engine running to provide warmth through their heater. From a detailed journal they kept, it is apparent that they took the precaution of rolling a window down slightly and getting out occasionally to ensure that the vehicle's exhaust pipe was not blocked by snow. And yet they perished. To avoid such a tragedy this article provides facts to be aware of concerning the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and what can be done to minimize the danger.

  • Corporate Authors:

    US Air Force Inspection and Safety, Center

    Norton AFB, CA  United States  92409
  • Publication Date: 1984-3

Media Info

  • Pagination: p. 9
  • Serial:
    • Driver
    • Volume: 17
    • Issue Number: 10
    • Publisher: US Air Force Inspection and Safety, Center

Subject/Index Terms

Filing Info

  • Accession Number: 00391307
  • Record Type: Publication
  • Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
  • Report/Paper Numbers: HS-037 055
  • Files: HSL, USDOT
  • Created Date: Dec 30 1984 12:00AM