REPORT OF STUDY ON WEIGHING OF FREIGHT CARS, SINGLE AXLE, COUPLED-IN-MOTION ON THE SPOKANE, PORTLAND AND SEATTLE RAILWAY ELECTRONIC SCALE AT VANCOUVER, WASHINGTON
An account of an extensive series of experiments undertaken for the purpose of ascertaining the saving in time made possible by the use of an electronic scale enabling moving wagons to be weighed, without having to be uncoupled, as well as the accuracy of this system of weighing, as compared with separate static weighing. A description is given of the experimental equipment, as well as of the method used, together with a detailed analysis of the results.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Publication Date: 1968-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Railroad terminals; Railroad yards; Weigh in motion scales; Weighing devices
- Identifier Terms: Spokane, Portland and Seattle Railway
- Old TRIS Terms: Coupled-in-motion scales
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00072987
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: ER-85 Report
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 29 1976 12:00AM