CHARACTERISATION OF EUROPEAN TRUCK DIESEL ENGINES, THEIR LUBRICATION AND FUTURE DEVELOPMENT TRENDS
In this paper characteristics of European truck diesel engines with regard to their lubrication are compared with those of North American diesel engines. Comparisons are given concerning the legislation, operational characteristics, characterisation of European diesel engines (engine design, performance, lubricating oil system, piston/liner assembly, valve train, bearings, supercharging) and the future trends of diesel engines for heavy trucks. Some major differences regarding the lubrication of European and North American diesel engines can be seen, leading to special requirements.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- Fuels and Lubricants Meeting San Francisco, California, October 31-November 3, 1983.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- SIGNER, M
- Publication Date: 1983
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Diesel engines; Diesel trucks; Lubrication
- Geographic Terms: Europe; North America
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00390933
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 831749, HS-036 855
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 30 1984 12:00AM