EUROPEAN TEST METHODS FOR FUEL ECONOMY OILS
Europe is well aware of work by the ASTM Fuel Efficient Engine Oil Task Force to develop test procedures for the measurement of the effects of the engine oil on the fuel economy of passenger cars and light duty vehicles. These procedures are designed to cover North American requirements and are not entirely suitable for European needs. The paper explains why separate European test methods are required for evaluating fuel economy oils and gives a status report on work by the Coordinating European Council to develop Codes of Practice for chassis dynamometer and fired engine dynamometer testing of fuel economy oils.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- Fuels and Lubricants Meeting San Francisco, California, October 31-November 3, 1983.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Bush, K P
- Roberts, D C
- Villis, T
- Publication Date: 1983
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Dynamometers; Engine oils; Fuel conservation; Light trucks; Technology; Test procedures
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Subject Areas: Energy; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00390926
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 831741, HS-036 848
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 30 1984 12:00AM